Note! Click here to find out latest status on updates.
To get the most out of playing the game we suggest the following…
- Complete basic training: We strongly recommend that you do the basic training mission as this will explain the important functions of the game step-by-step.
- Use the help text: At any point and in all game screens, press the ‘?‘ button to bring up text to explain what each button does.
- Use rotate button: Sometimes it can seem hard to select a particular square or unit. However by using the rotate buttons to change the view, you can often make selection easier.
- The game uses a number of terms that the player of the paper RPG Call of Cthulhu will be familiar with, such as HP for Hit Points. To see what the terms are at any point, simply tap the unit portrait (top-right) to open objectives box, then tap the Acronyms button.
- Also see our strategy and tactics guide and our level-by-level guide if you are getting a bit stuck.
Achievements on iOS
Please note that for the achievements to work you need to have Open Feint enabled. It is a free service with lots of great features. Our system uses Open Feint to enable the Game Center achievements on iOS. So if you want to track your progress and unlock them all, please make sure you have it running. If you made them both active after you’ve completed something that should have rewarded you with an achievement, then the system won’t have picked them up. It will only pick them up from the point where both are enabled onwards.
General Smooth Running on iOS
As a 3D game with lots of graphics, animations and effects, it will push your iOS device hard. To enjoy the game optimally we suggest making sure the battery is fully charged and/or the device is plugged into the mains. You can also ensure that your device has plenty of free memory by fully quitting applications you are not using, as just pressing the home button to close an app does not mean it is not still running. These videos will show you how to do this for older iOS devices running iOS 3 or earlier or for newer devices running iOS 4 or later. You can find out which version of iOS you are running here!
Finding a Bug (or a Byakhee) on Any Platform
We’ve done our best to make the game work fully and be bug free, however it is inevitable that we’ll miss things. If you spot something that is a problem then you may wish to help us and fellow gamers by reporting the bug to us so we can try to fix it. If you do find something odd then you can send us a bug report and some technical information from your game (don’t worry there is no private data in it at all, just game stuff) by running the game, selecting ‘Options‘ from the front-end menu then ‘Report Bug‘. This will create an email ready to be sent to us.
If you are currently playing the game to access this option, quit the current game (don’t worry it will save it) using the pause menu button on the top left of the screen. There is some additional information which would be a huge help if you could gather. You just need to add this text into the email that the game’s bug reporting system creates (though please don’t delete the attachments from it!) the text that it helps to add is:
- If you are using a PC: It is a huge help to know what sort of PC it is and what version og Windows you are running (help to find out is here).
- If you are using an iOS device: It helps for us to know what type of it is (iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch) and what version, that is a huge help. Just add this information to the email. If you don’t know then these guides will help – iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad version guide. It also helps us to know what version of the iOS operating system you are currently running. There is a guide to identifying the version number here.
- For all platforms: If you can tell us what happened in the game when the bug occurred – the more information you can give us, the easier it is to track down the problem.
Then simply hit the ‘send‘ button at the top of the email and we’ll receive your bug report.