Call of Cthulhu: The Wasted Land is a turn-based strategy game for iOS that hearkens back to those wondrous days of gaming. … Based off of Chaosium’s Call of Cthulhu RPG rules, The Wasted Land relies on a simple, turn-based mechanic. Members of the squad are given a certain number of Action Points per turn that they can use to advance, take cover, or attack their enemies. Once all of the actions have been queued up by the player they end the turn and watch, helplessly, as they enemy does the same.
This is the sort of gameplay that works beautifully in the world of Lovecraft’s mythos. It’s slow, deliberate, and that aforementioned feeling of helplessness runs in surprising parallel to Lovecraft’s own proclamations of human insignificance in his various Cthulhu mythos stories. …
Get Call of Cthulhu: The Wasted Land on…
For PC on Steam
iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch
Android via Google Play
PC via GamersGate
PC via IndieCity
PC via Amazon.com
PC via Shiny Loot
Android via Amazon US
Call of Cthulhu: The Wasted Land Info Page…
Join us on Facebook…
Follow us on LinkedIn…
Watch us on…
Follow us on Twitter…
- @HeyThereHo No plans currently. Its on sale at Steam however? store.steampowered.com/app/251390/ 5 days ago
- @HeyThereHo Here's where we are... :) redwaspdesign.wordpress.com/2015/11/26/was… 5 days ago
- Wasted Land Back on App Store & General Update redwaspdesign.wordpress.com/2015/11/26/was… 5 days ago
- @msnods try now - should be up! itunes.apple.com/us/app/call-ct… Thanks! ai! ai! 5 days ago
- 25 gifts for the Cthulhu/Lovecraft fan... fb.me/3uFeYGmLj 1 week ago
- @msnods technical issue - sorry - back shortly.... 1 week ago
- #thewastedland is the hashtag to use on Twitter for discussions of Call of Cthulhu: The Wasted Land. Thanks!
From the Hive Mind…
- Wasted Land Back on App Store & General Update
- Some Cthulhu Links for Cthulhu Thursday….
- Call of Cthulhu: The Wasted Land is Top Cthulhu Themed iOS Game!
- Dreamlands Crowd Funding Project is Reborn!
- Check out H.P.Lovecraft’s Dreamlands Film Project, from the team that created the award winning ‘Die Farbe’
Wasp Tags…amazon android Apple AppUp art award birthday bundle call of cthulhu call of cthulhu. lovecraft chaosium character design competition cthulhu Cthulhu Christmas Calendar Cthulhumas cthulhu thursday developer diary development DLC dreamlands fear free funny game game design gameplay games games design gamezebo guardian help help guide horror horror games indie indiegala Intel interview introduction iOS iPad iphone Kaul Kauls Diary lee enfield lovecraft mobile games music mythos open game design PC press press release professor brightmeer review reviews rifle RPC RPC Germany RPG sale SAN sanity smart phone sound Steam technology the wasted land twitter video weapons world war one ww1 wwi