So indeed we’ve released the game onto the Android platform (yay!) but that does mean given the number of Android devices that there will be some problems encountered (boo!). The Google Play store says that it can run on 1000+ different devices and while we did our best to test on a wide range of devices, inevitably it will not work on some as we’d hope. Here are a couple things to check for if the game is not running as it should:
Game Speed & Sensitivity
With Android devices, when you run an app and then close it, more often than not the app is still running in the background taking up a bit of memory and processor time. Call of Cthulhu: The Wasted Land is a very processor intensive app and if there is a lot running in the background it can seem like the game is slow and/or the sensitivity is low. You can try to fix this by killing all the apps running in the back ground that you don’t need. To do this:
- Select ‘Settings‘.
- Then select ‘Applications‘.
- Now select ‘Manage applications‘.
- Then select the ‘Running‘ tab at the top of the screen. This will then list all of the running applications.
- Simply select each one and then press ‘Force stop‘ before hitting the back button to select the next one.
- Repeat until all are closed. Now also quit Call of Cthulhu: The Wasted Land, if it is running.
- Quit out of the Manage applications area and try running the game.
Google Play Licence Issues
If you get a message that the game not a valid copy and then it closes and you did buy it legitamatly, then check the following:
- Check that your internet connection is working. The phone needs to check with Google Play to confirm it is valid.
- Then go to Google Play. Please then log out (if logged in) and log back in. This should refresh the cache storage of the licence so you can play without problems.
Save Game Storage
The game needs a bit of space on your phone to store the saved games. So if you have filled your phone to the brim with photos of from your holiday in Dunwich, then you need to clear a little space. Here is how to check:
- Select ‘Settings’ then ‘SD card and phone storage’ on your phone.
- Check the ‘Available space’ figure. If it is less than 8MB you’ll need to free up more storage for the save to work properly.
If you are still having problems, then you can report a bug to us via the game. See ‘Finding a Bug’ on this support page for more. When you report a bug don’t forget to tell us the type of device you are using and what went wrong.
We hope these help!