AppUp Update to Call of Cthulhu: The Wasted Land
We’ve updated the game for AppUp. This version fixes a few issues and has some minor improvements (It is the same version you will have if you use GamersGate or IndieCity). We do suggest updating; however best to wait until you are at the end of a level first. To update the game you need to uninstall and reinstall the game. Don’t worry, your saved games will be preserved and are not part of this update process.
Here is how to update:
- Run Intel AppUp.
- Select ‘My Apps’ from the top menu bar.
- For ‘Call of Cthulhu: The Wasted Land’, drop-down the box marked ‘More Actions’ and select ‘Uninstall’.
- Then press the Windows key; this is because while AppUp is full screen, you will need to give it permission to act. This is a separate window and you won’t see it if AppUp is full screen.
- Once this is done return to AppUp and ‘My Apps’.
- Select the button next to ‘Call of Cthulhu: The Wasted Land’ marked ‘Download’.
- Again, press the Windows key and when the dialogue box appears, give permission to act.
- You can now select ‘Launch’ and play the game!
IndieCity version: The tutorial works but you can’t start a new game?
When you start an actual game (not the tutorial) that’s when the game does the IndieCity validation checks via the network, so you need to make sure they are running the IndieCity client and that they have internet access. Also check that your firewall is allowing the IndieCity application to validate, as if it is blocking it, you’ll get an error.
Missing .DLL Problem
If you run the game and get a message saying ‘The program can’t start because msvcp100.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.” Here is what to do. It means your PC is missing a few Visual Studios files that the game uses. Most PCs have these installed, so it is worth getting them anyway. The package you install depends on if your Windows opperating system is 32 or 64 bit (if you are not sure, see here) – just install the right one and away you go!
32 bit Windows: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5555
64 bit Windows: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=14632