For the second time: the Green Light Bundle puts eight great indie games into one bundle. Gamers can decide for themselves what price they are willing to pay for this bundle. The developers are doing so in the hope that their games will soon be available on the Steam Store.
With Steam Greenlight gamers can vote for games they want to be made available on the Steam Store. By showcasing these amazing games, the games will get the exposure needed to kickstart their Steam Greenlight (TM) campaign, and thus increasing their chances of getting onto the Steam Store. Everybody wins!
The Green Light Bundle celebrates the diversity of games on Steam Greenlight (TM) by making games available as a pay what you want sale. The bundle is an initiative by Stolen Couch Games. Like many other developers they too have had trouble trying to get their games onto Steam. The launch of Steam Greenlight (TM) gives every developer an equal chance of getting their games onto the Steam Store. With the Green Light Bundle we want to highlight some amazing games not yet available on Steam. As mentioned before the Green Light Bundle contains eight great indie games:
- Call of Cthullu: The Wated Land This turn-based strategy/role-playing game based on the award winning Call of Cthulhu RPG. Set in the midst of WW1, the game pits your team of investigators and soldiers against an ancient enemy. The game revisits the horror from Lovecraft’s ‘Reanimator’ drawing the player into a nightmare world where the terror of mustard gas and trench warfare are but a foretaste of what is to follow.
- Perpetuum Perpetuum is a persistent, sandbox, single server, mmo sci-fi rpg. Players control huge robots on the planet Nia to gain access to the planet’s resources and knowledge, to amass huge wealth or even to claim part of the game world for themselves via terraforming and building settlements with complex infrastructures to deny unwanted visitors access. Perpetuum features player controlled economy and industry, player-built settlements, terraforming, large scale PvP and high character/robot customizability.
- Dawn of Fantasy Dawn of Fantasy is the first 3D MMORTS title with real-time siege combat, including both singleplayer and online game modes. Manage your economy, construct enormous vibrant towns, complete dozen of engaging quests – all within an online realm that grows, works, lives, and breathes even when you log off. All this is gloriously 3D world with stunning detail and epi. And of-course let’s not forget the bloody real-time siege battles!
- Starlaxis – Light Hunter 2257 – the year the sun lost its light and its fire slowly died. Temperatures on Earth sank rapidly, blizzards and ice storms became daily events, and it was only a matter of time before all life perished. Our scientists discovered that only the mysterious phantom energy could reanimate the sun. The energy was scattered throughout the galaxy. Humanity sent its best pilots and starships into the unknown to find the energy and bring it back – before it was too late.
- Pixel Blocked! Put your mind to the test with over 180 puzzles, designed to challenge your spatial logic. The object of this simple yet challenging puzzle game is to fill in the missing blocks in the outlined image. Shoot blocks against an initial foundation to start and advance through increasingly difficult levels. Make sure to plan ahead and watch out for those tricky Magnetic and Crumble Blocks.
- Omegalodon Omegalodon players compete by attacking/defending the city. The Red Team is comprised of police and soldiers armed with an array of military vehicles and explosive weaponry. The Green Team is comprised of Omegalodon, a 100-foot shark monster, and the Enviros, equipped with a healing beam. The game plays like backward tower-defense with free-roaming action.
- Oniken Oniken is an action platformer, highly inspired by 8-bit games of the late 1980’s and early 1990’s. This influence is visible not only in Oniken’s graphics and sound design, but also in its story and difficulty. Don’t worry, you will die a lot of times. Oniken is set in a post-apocalyptic future when a global war nearly decimated humankind. The few survivors are oppressed by Oniken, an evil military organization. Player takes the role of Zaku, a ninja mercenary that takes part on the resistance movement.
- BONUS: General Conflict In General Conflict players control one of four unique characters and try to blast the other players from an island, to ultimately be the last one left. As matches progress, less and less ground becomes available to stand on. General Conflict is a party game of anticipation, chaos and survival. The simplicity of Bomberman and the chaos of Super Smash Bros. 2-4 players.
- BONUS: Awesomenauts Mean and Green Bundle DLC Requires the game Awesomenauts on Steam in order to play! This DLC bundle contains custom skins for Gnaw, Froggy G & Derpl Zork. Awesomenauts is a MOBA fitted into the form of an accessible 3-on-3 action platformer. Head out to the online battlefields together with your friends as an online party or in local splitscreen.
For more information check out these sources
Press information: www.stolencouchgames.com/press