Huge thanks to Appszoom who placed the game as best of the Cthulhu themed games on iOS!
We could be talking all night long about Call of Cthulhu: Wasted Land virtues, but if we told you that it’s X-COM meets 1st World War meets Cthulhu, we’re sure you get the whole picture (and a lot of squad members panicking, by the way). One of the best tactical games so far in mobile gaming history, it deserves to be at the top of this list (and many others).
Kaul’s Diary: Loading screen for The Plains of Leng
PS. The game is on sale on Steam in the Summer Sale. There’s a list of other Cthulhu games on sale here too.
The crowdfunding project from the acclaimed director of Die Fabre to create a spectacular version of Lovecraft’s Dreamlands has been re-launched and is off to a flying start!!
Roland, a troubled young orphan, is led by a mysterious old man into another world. This is a world that has been created over thousands of years by Earth’s greatest dreamers while they slept. In this world the old man reigns as king and hopes to train and guide Roland to be his successor.
Unfortunately Roland cannot overcome the dark shadows that weigh upon him and he is forced to decide whether he will use his abilities to keep building the Dreamlands or to destroy what others have already created.
Screenplay is written by Huan Vu and based on H.P. Lovecraft’s short stories “Celephaïs”, “The White Ship”, “The Strange High House in the Mist” and “The Dream-Quest of Unknown Kadath” among others. It will build upon the world created by H.P. Lovecraft but also remain faithful to his core concepts of fantastic escapism and cosmic horror. THE DREAMLANDS is a film you are never likely to see produced by the established film industry.
Well worth checking out!
Update – The IndieGoGo project has done well, but not quite well enough, so the project creators have paused it. Updates can be found here. Also if you want to invest – see here.
Last year we were part of an amazing transmedia bundle of Lovecraft/Cthulhu themed games, films and books. We’re happy to say that one of our fellow bundle partners, the creators of the amazing ‘Die Farbe‘ (The Color Out of Space) are now looking to create a new cinematic interpretations of Lovecraft’s works – The Dreamlands. The project is now seeking your support to make it happen – it’s on IndieGoGo. Here is the pitch video:
Here’s some production artwork from the project to get you going:
Check out the IndieGoGo page and support and bring more quality Lovecraft/Cthulhu works to life!
PS. Here’s a link to the official page: the-dreamlands.com
PPS. Here’s the Die Farbe trailer…
The multi-award winning World War 1 strategy RPG launches today on Steam for PC. The critically acclaimed title originally launched on mobile and PC in 2012. The title successfully passed Steam’s Greenlight process and now arrives as a fully-fledged game on Steam. The Steam launch includes updated graphics and the bonus DLC “Kaul’s Dairy”, which had previously only been available on iOS and is priced at $5.
The game features 14 levels set in the trenches of World War One. The player controls a team of up to six investigators charged with uncovering a deadly inhuman conspiracy underlying the clash of empires of the Great War. Barbed wire, mustard gas and machine guns prove to be the least dangerous challenges the investigators encounter as they venture into no man’s land to solve the mystery of the Wasted Land. As the game progresses, the player must build up the team’s skills, weapons and equipment to counter the rising tide of darkness. As well as the physical danger, the investigators must guard their sanity against myriad horrors that threaten to destroy them.
To stay in touch with the developers and get updates on the game, help and strategy guides, connect to Red Wasp Design on Facebook, Twitter and on their site at redwaspdesign.com
Get Call of Cthulhu: The Wasted Land on Steam!
PS. If you like the game’s music – the soundtrack is here!
Update: The bundle has closed now, thanks to all who purchased it!
We’re bundled up again – this time we’re an unlockable extra in the amazing bundle-in-a-box.com RPG special.
Grab it while you can as it’s got these great games in:
- Unemployment Quest (Windows/Desura – PWYW): fight the monster of unemployment in a modern-day RPG.
- The Siege of the Necromancer (Windows/Mac/Desura – PWYW): horror choose-your-own-adventure RPG.
- Hack, Slash, Loot (Windows/Mac/Linux/Steam/Desura – PWYW): a contemporary roguelike indie classic!
- Styrateg (Windows/Mac/Desura – PWYW): a strategy based RPG with a strong narrative.
- Inaria (Windows – PWYW): today’s Ultima, complete with retro pixel-art and wild ideas.
- Dungeon Fray (Windows/Linux/Desura – PWYW): you have never seen a roguelike play this fast.
- Empires and Dungeons 2 (Windows – PWYW): Tactics and dungeon-crawling.
- Frayed Knights: The Skull of S’makh-Daon (Windows/Desura – PWYW): huge, humorous 3D RPG.
- Call of Cthulhu: The Wasted Land (Windows – BTA): Lovecraftian, turn-based horrors that have already been accepted on Steam. Codes coming soon!
- The Wizard from Tarnath Tor (Windows/Mac/Desura – BTA): a gloriously illustrated and highly polished gamebook.
- Northmark: Hour of the Wolf (Windows/Mac – BTA): stunning RPG card game.
- The Wizard’s Lair (Windows/Mac/Linux/Desura – BTA): RPG with roots in classic Roguelikes and the Mystery Dungeon series.
- Telepath RPG: Servants of God (Windows/Mac/Linux – BTA): a unique hybrid western RPG/strategy RPG.
The guys (Sean Perkins and Dan Pope) who did the amazing music and sound for the game have released the soundtrack. You can buy it as a digital file or via a limited edition green cassette tape!
Check it out!