Now out! For iPhone, iPod Touch & iPad – note that new update has the extra levels In-App purchase and also the updated historical info in. For Android (Google Play) and on Amazon US. The game is also out on PC via Steam, GamersGate, IndieCity, Shiny Loot. Extra Note! Click here to find out latest status on any updates and fixes.
‘Call of Cthulhu: The Wasted Land’ is an award winning turn-based strategy/role-playing video game based on the also award winning Call of Cthulhu RPG. The game is set in the midst of World War One and pits a team of investigators and soldiers against an ancient evil, one older than humanity itself, who is using the carnage of the great war to build an undead army deep beneath the battlefields of Europe.
Call of Cthulhu was originally the title of a novella by cult American horror writer H.P. Lovecraft (1890–1937) which has, since it was published in 1928, captured the imagination of generation after generation of fans. (New to Call of Cthulhu? Start here!) Lovecraft’s works also inspired a best-selling, award winning role-playing game, Call of Cthulhu. It is this RPG that forms the basis for ‘Call of Cthulhu: The Wasted Land’
What people are saying about Call of Cthulhu: The Wasted Land…
Winner Mobile Game of The Year 2012 HorribleNight.com
Winner 2012 Best Smartphone or Tablet Game DigitallyDownloaded
Nominated Best Strategy/Simulation Pocker Gamer Awards 2013
Nominated Reader Award 2012, Pocket Tactics
1 of 7 Best Strategy Games on iPad, TechShout
Best Cthulhu Game on Mobile Appszoom
“A Brilliant Game” RTS Guru
“The best strategy game on the iPad yet.” DigitallyDownloaded.net
“..you MUST download today…Awesome…” Guardian
“I was totally addicted to this game for weeks….” Wired.com
“This game is worth your time if you like a good story and RPGs. … The Wasted Land gets a 9/10.” kokugamer.com
“Stunningly complex turn-by-turn strategy-based SIM redefines expectations for the iPad as games platform…” 5/5 T3 Magazine (also a Best App of 2012)
“Highly recommended. … There is nothing like this on the App Store. This is an old school RPG with deep, meaty gameplay set in WWI.” MobileTechReview
“It is a surprisingly deep and fun turn based strategy game with well implemented role playing elements.” 8/10 capsulecomputers.com.au
“Joyously thoughtful…” PC Advisor
“…a very pleasing and addictive game.” thedragonsmaw.blogspot.com.au
“Is a must have…” ipadblogs.nl
“What this boils down to is isometric turn-based combat at its finest…be sure to visit The Wasted Land as soon as possible.” mobot.net
“I’ve been playing this for the past couple of days and it is brill… Lovecraft would be proud.” liveforfilms.com
Additional Information Links:
- An introduction to H.P.Lovecraft
- PC: Press Release of the PC Version (& buy your copy!)
- iOS: SD screenshots, HD Screenshots & iPad Screenshots (& buy your copy!)
- An essay about the origins of the game and of our interest in the Cthulhu Mythos & the roots of the stories.
- Articles about the making of the game as well as the art, design & technology of the game.
- The setting of World War 1 and it’s Weapons and equipment and the game’s authenticity.
- Sanity in the Wasted Land
- Chaosium’s article on the game
- The iOS extra levels, Kaul’s Diary.
Help & Support for The Wasted Land
- Technical Help and Support
- Android Help for The Wasted Land
- Quick Help Guide (for playing the game)
- General Strategy and Tactics Guide (give your gameplay a boost…)
- Level-by-Level Hints
- PC Guide to Skipping and Re-Starting Missions
- PC Help and Support (updating AppUp & missing .dll problem)
- Skills & Stats Guide (Know your SAN from your AP…)
- Red Wasp Help & Support Page (index page of all our help links)